Re: tracker is installed

  • kd8htg
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31, 2010
      Not a problem. I should have put in more info but was pressed for time . Made some
      Changes and will see how it all works out

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 31, 2010
        Oh, BTW I deal with a whole bunch of dolts all day long, so some days
        when I come home I'm a little crankier than others, and it filters
        into my email replies.

        dolt n.

        A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time. Many
        times they are oblivious to their own mental incapacity.

        eg. Mason and Chris are considered the company dolts because they
        screw up everything they touch.
      • kd8htg
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2010
          ok here goes. so i set the tx level back to about half which didn't seem to make much of a difference. i know after doing some reading on previous post that louder isnt' better and it seems that the half way mark at least in my application is still too loud. my install in my car makes it a bit of a pain to remove the tracker every time i want to change the tx level. (i will be changing the install setup in the near future) but in the mean time i see there is a command
          for the nuvi 350

          --TXLEVEL <1-255>

          so now im trying to figure this out if i sent --txlevel i should get a message from teh tracker showing what the value is actually set to at that moment. is this command just that a reply of that level or is it possible to change the tx level by using this command say
          --txlevel <100>

          if i was able to change this level with out removing the tracker at this moment in time it sure would be handy.

          and james yes your right a nice pdf about setting devation sure would have been handy for a guy like me who was so excited to finally get my tracker i totally over looked it. i mean come on they were on back order for at least a month. oh well i learned my lesson RTFM i deserve that one
          take care
          JD

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "kd8htg" <kd8htg@...> wrote:

          > Not a problem. I should have put in more info but was pressed for time . Made some
          > Changes and will see how it all works out
          >

          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Teddy Banks <tbanks204@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Lynn: I love your Bedside Manner. 73's KC0WNY
          > >
          > > On 8/31/2010 8:00 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
          > > >
          > > > JD,
          > > >
          > > > Don't let James put you off. He means well! ;) We just all have our
          > > > own way of asking for the information that we need to know to help.
          > > >
          > > > Always feel free to ask anything. Answers might not come on the first
          > > > attempt, but the more details you provide up front the better the chance
          > > > of that!

        • kd8htg
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2010
            ok so i figured out that i can change the tx level without taking out the tracker and radio from my car. down now to about 75 made a much better difference than the day before but not right where it should be so more adjusting in the future. a much bettter aprs day for me today!!