RE: Nuvi Dead GPS Antenna

  • Tray Murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15 7:49 AM

      The Nuvi 350 has an internal/external antenna switch which is prone to failure. My 350 suddenly quit acquiring satellites, so I purchased a $7.49 (with free shipping) external puck antenna from a vnedor on eBay. Be sure the antenna you purchase has a built-in preamp, or is NOT DC-shorted, as the Nuvi outputs approx. 2.7V on the external antenna connector. The Nuvi now works fine.

      Tray
      N4PAT