FC-301 with tracker 2 installed

  • va3mw
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2010
      I have 2 of these that just don't seem to function.

      The configuration is correct, however, their packets are not being decoded by digi's.

      They are connected to a Nuvi 350 via the FMI. I have had both radios on an IFR1200 and 'attempted' to set the deviation to 3.2khz. It is very touchy to do with the Gui, and if you power cycle the unit, it might have lost its settings. This is with the latest firmeware loaded.

      One moment it is 3.2khz. If you then move the slider on the diag box, it can jump to 6.2khz. Weird.

      One one unit, it reports the voltage correctly at 12.2v. If I unplug that unit from my test bench setup and then plug in the other, it shows 7.6V.

      However, it sounds like the de-emphasis is off on both of them. If you listen to them beacon, the audio sounds flat compared to other stations. About 1 in 100 packets is decoded by the other end.

      Is it possible I have 2 lemons that I have to send back from Canada? One of our other club members has reported a similar thing.

      Mike VA3MW