Firmware build 54010 and KISS

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 9, 2006
      Scott,

      I am having RX lockups, but only in the KISS mode. I am in the KISS
      mode and am also digipeating. How would you like me to get this
      information? If I go out of the KISS mode, everything seems to work
      again. If I go back into KISS everything seems ok again for a
      while. This is with UI View. I have not been able to get XASTIR to
      put the Tracker 2 into or out of KISS mode. I have to do this
      manually. I can get into KISS mode ok, but I have not figured out a
      way in LINUX to get out of kiss mode.

      73,

      Mark N5RFS

      At 11:27 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:
      >If you have any problems with RX lockups, or anything else for that matter,
      >copy this information down and email it to me before you do anything else.
      >The first line refers to FIFO pointers, and the second line gives status and
      >length for packets in the queue. OVF1 and OVF2 are overflow counters for
      >two types of FIFO overflows, EVQ is the event queue state, and BUF is the
      >size of another internal buffer.
    • Mark Miller
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 9, 2006
        I wrote a PERL script to get out of KISS mode. Sending C0 FF C0
        works well. I now have to figure out what XASTIR is doing. If I
        have a lockup in KISS, what info do you want me to gather?

        73,

        Mark N5RFX

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 11, 2006
          I think I have all the information I need to track it down.  I can recreate the problem, but the exact cause is still escaping me.  I've made some fixes that seem to prevent the lockups, but I'd still like to know where the glitch is.  I think it might be timing dependent.

          See my previous post about exiting KISS mode.  I might also make a more user-friendly way to exit - something like the old +++ modem escape code.