OT2 setup with Peet Ultimeter 100

  • Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2010
      I've been using an OpenTracker 1+ with a Peet Ultimeter 100 weather station and it's been working great for almost two years.

      Wanting to have the ability to control it remotely I bought an OT2m and am having trouble setting it up to work like the OT1 and am looking for suggestions from someone who might have gotten one working.

      The OT2 is set to transmit every 5 minutes. (3000 sec)
      Serial ports are set to 2400/auto and wx data in on port A.
      GPS position is fixed.

      Problems:
      1. Setting the Peet 100 in Complete Record mode like used on the OT1 gives weather data reports that are not the same every time.
      2. Enabling voltage and temp gives a separate packet at each scheduled transmission, separate from the Text, while the OT1 appends the data to the status message. Text is programmed for a status message every 6 transmissions.
      3. Setting telemetry on results in a packet of unknown contents. Any idea of what it represents? The manual doesn't say.

      Data from testing on 8/4/10 can be seen on aprs.fi under callsign SVFLIR. Look at the times around 1600 for OT2 and at 1708 I went back to the OT1.

      Any help is appreciated.
      Cole, AA7RD, Phoenix, AZ
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2010
        On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Cole <aa7rd@...> wrote:

        > Problems:
        > 1. Setting the Peet 100 in Complete Record mode like used on
        > the OT1 gives weather data reports that are not the same every time.

        Perhaps the weather is changing? 8) I'm guessing you have controlled
        weather conditions that are not all being reported the same.

        > 2. Enabling voltage and temp gives a separate  packet at each
        > scheduled transmission, separate from the Text, while the OT1
        > appends the data to the status message.  Text is programmed
        > for a status message every 6 transmissions.

        Click the "In Comment" radio button to have the status message tagged
        onto the end of the packet rather than as a separate status text.

        > 3. Setting telemetry on results in a packet of unknown contents.
        > Any idea of what it represents?  The manual doesn't say.

        The telemetry packets are sending telemetry values as read from the
        various telemetry inputs...
        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Telemetry

      • oe3mzc
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17, 2010
          Hi all,
          I have seen exactly same problem...been using OT1+ and wanted to change to OT2M with Ultimeter100....
          weather data are useless...in beginning only rain data are reported differently ( hourly rain versus rain since midnight)...
          after a while also other data did show extreme values (temp 1000deg Celsius, barometer 1400hPa, etc..)
          I first thought thats because I use OT2m also for Digipeater, (hf ingress?) but even if I switch off digi it is very unstable.. so I gave up and reinstalled the old OT1plus in parallel to an OT2m on same radio port.
          So I have a wx-station and a DIGI...

          but be carefull with LEAP YEAR setting of Ultimeter100 ! You need to have this setup correctly in order to have correct data on serial port.
          vy 73 de Mike
          OE3MZC
          sysop OE3XOC-2