Re: [tracker2] OT2m / T2-135 / T2-301 / ADS-WS1 - Time & Scripting etc.

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2010
      Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

      > Variability would also be an issue with an APRS-messaged
      > "cmd SETTIME", but I don't think we're really worried about
      > down-to-the-second accuracy here. With the examples I've seen
      > of time-based scripts, accurate to a minute or two is probably sufficient.

      You're right. Down the second probably isn't needed. To me, it would
      just be a matter of knowing the day of the week and the time (within a few
      minutes, but there's nothing wrong with down to the second if it's do-able)
      so that scripts could be run weekly, or so that the weather station could
      reset the rain gauge somewhere around midnight with some consistency.

      > I'll throw my hat in the remote SETTIME message restricted to those
      > sources on AUTHLIST and the other security around remote command
      > execution via APRS messages.

      I think that it would be a reasonable solution. The T2 series can already
      accept remote commands. It would just be a matter of adding a variable
      to store the time and then counting ticks until the next time that the time
      was set again.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2010
        Forgive my out-of-sequence replies, I've fallen way behind on email
        again. See my post about the T2 code development... I'll see what
        there's space for when the HCS08 port and testing is done.

        Scott