Xastir and Tracker2

  • Mark Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2006
      I am trying to get Xastir to work with Tracker2 in KISS mode. If I
      set up a Serial Kiss TNC, it doesn't look like the Tracker2 goes to
      Kiss mode. If I force it to kiss mode using Minicom, then everything
      works fine, but when I bring down the Serial Kiss TNC, the Tracker2
      does not go to Kiss OFF.

      What is the best way to send 255 to get the Tracker2 out of Kiss mode
      using Minicom or any other Linux application.
      73,

      Mark N5RFX
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2006
        I think there are some command files to edit in Xastir - it's probably sending an INTFACE KISS command or something.  I run a T2 with Xastir, but I use KISSATTACH.

        UI-View takes it out of KISS mode OK.  Not sure about Xastir.  If I need to do it manually, I have a 3-byte file that I copy to the serial port device:

        cp kissoff /dev/ttyS0

        Scott

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2006
          On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 scott@... wrote:

          > I think there are some command files to edit in Xastir - it's probably
          > sending an INTFACE KISS command or something. I run a T2 with Xastir, but I
          > use KISSATTACH.

          No, Xastir doesn't take a TNC into or out of KISS mode generally.
          There's on exception for some european TNC that I can't recall right
          now, where there's hard-coded stuff in Xastir to make it enter KISS
          mode if you select that togglebutton in the interface dialog.

          You'll have to force it to KISS mode manually before starting up
          that interface.

          To exit, there's xastir/scripts/kiss-off.pl that should do the
          trick. If you're tricky you can copy it to kiss-on.pl and tweak
          that version to put the TNC into KISS mode for you.

        • Clay Jackson

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 22, 2006
              Kernel on my IGate machine is 2.4.22. Distro is Debian, upgraded to the point where I've lost track of what version it's on.  I've always gone with a custom kernel build, though.

              Scott