Re: [tracker2] Scripting.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2010
      What are you doing? How about showing us your handiwork? I wrote the
      weekly announcement scripting, but haven't actually loaded it into an
      OT2 and checked to see if it works... (for shame!)

      On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM, c0j <c0j_1999@...> wrote:
      > Many thanks to whoever put the Wiki entry in re scripting.  Just tried it out for the first time to add some beacons. Works a treat.
      >
      > Regards
      > de John
      > EI7IG

    • Jon
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
        Gah,

        It's been sent back to be on-site, but to summarise, I started with the weekly
        announcements script in the wiki page
        I added two If blocks
        When counter 1 = 580 beacon one object
        when counter 1 = 590 beacon another object
        I did that as when they were both contained within the one if statement, only
        the second one was transmitted.

        Then I added one in where Counter 3 = 1 and beaconed a weekly net announcement

        One more for when counter 3 = 2 and added an announcement for our monthly
        meetings.

        Actually I just found them

        First two
        BEACON ;145.450 *111111z5222.77N/00752.31Wr433.450MHz Tipp Amateur Radio Group

        BEACON ;433.450 *111111z5222.77N/00752.31Wr145.450MHz Tipp Amateur Radio Group

        Counter 3 = 1
        BEACON ;145:450 *111111z5222.77N/00752.31WrIRTS News 20:30 Sun

        Counter 3 = 2
        BEACON ;TARG *111111z5221.06N\00741.73WhFirst Thu 20:00

        The first two are effectively indicating the presence of a 'crossbander' without
        saying 'crossbander'

        Cheers
        de John
        EI7IG

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
          Good stuff!

          Glad to know that it's working for someone.

          Just want to make sure that you know that the script only counts
          along, and knows nothing about the current time or day of the week. It
          assume the script is started at 00:00 on Sunday morning. I have talked
          about creating another script which would allow you to preset the
          counter values to a specific day/time. You could call that script
          remotely at that time to "calibrate" the clock without having to be up
          at midnight Sunday morning.

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
            Glad to know that it's working for someone.

            Just want to make sure that you know that the script only counts
            along, and knows nothing about the current time or day of the week. It
            assume the script is started at 00:00 on Sunday morning. I have talked
            about creating another script which would allow you to preset the
            counter values to a specific day/time. You could call that script
            remotely at that time to "calibrate" the clock without having to be up
            at midnight Sunday morning.

            Yes, i figure that ok. For us, it doesn't really matter when any of them get
            broadcast. I like the idea of 'setting' it via another script.

            Thanks
            John