Scripting.

  • c0j
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2010
      Many thanks to whoever put the Wiki entry in re scripting. Just tried it out for the first time to add some beacons. Works a treat.

      Regards
      de John
      EI7IG
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2010
        What are you doing? How about showing us your handiwork? I wrote the
        weekly announcement scripting, but haven't actually loaded it into an
        OT2 and checked to see if it works... (for shame!)

        On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM, c0j <c0j_1999@...> wrote:
        > Many thanks to whoever put the Wiki entry in re scripting.  Just tried it out for the first time to add some beacons. Works a treat.
        >
        > Regards
        > de John
        > EI7IG

      • Jon
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
          Gah,

          It's been sent back to be on-site, but to summarise, I started with the weekly
          announcements script in the wiki page
          I added two If blocks
          When counter 1 = 580 beacon one object
          when counter 1 = 590 beacon another object
          I did that as when they were both contained within the one if statement, only
          the second one was transmitted.

          Then I added one in where Counter 3 = 1 and beaconed a weekly net announcement

          One more for when counter 3 = 2 and added an announcement for our monthly
          meetings.

          Actually I just found them

          First two
          BEACON ;145.450 *111111z5222.77N/00752.31Wr433.450MHz Tipp Amateur Radio Group

          BEACON ;433.450 *111111z5222.77N/00752.31Wr145.450MHz Tipp Amateur Radio Group

          Counter 3 = 1
          BEACON ;145:450 *111111z5222.77N/00752.31WrIRTS News 20:30 Sun

          Counter 3 = 2
          BEACON ;TARG *111111z5221.06N\00741.73WhFirst Thu 20:00

          The first two are effectively indicating the presence of a 'crossbander' without
          saying 'crossbander'

          Cheers

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
            Good stuff!

            Glad to know that it's working for someone.

            Just want to make sure that you know that the script only counts
            along, and knows nothing about the current time or day of the week. It
            assume the script is started at 00:00 on Sunday morning. I have talked
            about creating another script which would allow you to preset the
            counter values to a specific day/time. You could call that script
            remotely at that time to "calibrate" the clock without having to be up
            at midnight Sunday morning.

          • Jon
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
              Glad to know that it's working for someone.

              Just want to make sure that you know that the script only counts
              along, and knows nothing about the current time or day of the week. It
              assume the script is started at 00:00 on Sunday morning. I have talked
              about creating another script which would allow you to preset the
              counter values to a specific day/time. You could call that script
              remotely at that time to "calibrate" the clock without having to be up
              at midnight Sunday morning.

              Yes, i figure that ok. For us, it doesn't really matter when any of them get
              broadcast. I like the idea of 'setting' it via another script.

              Thanks
              John