Need Geko/eTrex/ForeTrex/etc

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2010
      Has anyone got a couple of old mapping GPS receivers with serial input
      that they want to trade for current Argent hardware? I want to put some
      mapping trackers together to use on our bikes at Burning Man. I'm
      trying to limit expenditure on the trip by trading for as much as I can,
      especially for stuff that might not survive a week in the chaos and
      alkali dust.

      Scott
    • Greenhalgh, Christopher K.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30, 2010
        Ive got a working Garmin eMap in the shack collecting dust.

        _________________________________

        Christopher K. Greenhalgh
        Systems Analyst - Student Life IT
        614.292.8552
        ckg@... <mailto:ckg@...>

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 30, 2010
          Hi Scott,

          Hmm, I have an Etrex (blue) that may be interested in a new home. It is even running the last version available. :)

          I would like a T2-301. I would be willing to pay the difference between the two.

          Best regards,
          Fred

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 30, 2010
            Wow, lots of people with too much money in their pockets... Here I was
            thinking my Garmin GPS II+ was still too new to part with!

            I picked up an Etrex at a flea market for my kid, he's got a better
            unit than me now!

            I have an old Eagle Explorer that needs a funky connector on the back
            to pull serial data out of the unit.

            Now if you want mapping GPS units... those are fancy new toys!

          • Bruce W. Martin
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2010
              I have a GPSmap 276c collecting dust that I would love to trade for my current list of Argent wannagets.

              Bruce, KQ4TV

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2, 2010
                Thanks to everyone who replied... I'll sift through the orders and
                figure out what will work best.

                Scott

                Bruce W. Martin wrote:

                > I have a GPSmap 276c collecting dust that I would love to trade for my
                > current list of Argent wannagets.
                >
                > Bruce, KQ4TV
                >
                > On Jul 30, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Scott Miller wrote:
                >
                > > Has anyone got a couple of old mapping GPS receivers with serial input
                > > that they want to trade for current Argent hardware? I want to put some
                > > mapping trackers together to use on our bikes at Burning Man. I'm
                > > trying to limit expenditure on the trip by trading for as much as I can,
                > > especially for stuff that might not survive a week in the chaos and
                > > alkali dust.
                > >
                > > Scott

              • scatman_166
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 8, 2010
                  I too am looking for mapping gps units if anyone has one send me a price, I bought a nuvi 350 off fleabay and ended up with the busted antenna problem so need another unit. Send me price and description. Thanks

                • lists@ke4nyv.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 8, 2010
                    Cheapest I can find on the original eTrex Legend (personal favorite):

                    http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-North-America-Garmin-eTrex-Legend-H-GPS-Garmin-/320560494989?pt=GPS_Devices

                    Jason Rausch - KE4NYV
                    RPC Electronics, LLC
                    www.rpc-electronics.com

                  • commconinc@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 8, 2010
                      Got a 350 that I was going to use for APRS but decided on the toughbook instead.
                      Email me if interested.

                      Peter Summerhawk
                      N0WRE

                      From: "scatman_166" <clowther@...>