Update

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2006
      Just a quick update on the RX lockup situation... there's a glitch in the
      buffer logic that's sometimes causing it to think the buffer is full when
      it's not, and it stops processing incoming packets. The complexity in the
      system comes from the fact that a number of different modules handle each
      packet separately - primarily the KISS interface, APRS parser, and
      digipeater. There's not enough RAM for each to have its own buffer, so
      everything stays in one buffer and the system tracks which packet has been
      handled by which module.

      I can prevent the problem by having it reset the buffer pointers at certain
      points, but I've deliberately disabled the code that does that. The fact
      that it's needed means there's still a glitch somewhere, and coding around
      it is just going to cover it up and potentially cause more subtle problems
      down the road.

      So hang in there, I'm working on it. I hope to have it fixed this weekend.