RE: [tracker2] GPS data to computer as well?

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
      I'd probably go with simulating, since the data might be from Garmin mode.

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
        On Oct 5, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

        > FRAM?
        >
        > Simulate NMEA from the data you do have?

        stream data from the GPS directly out the port (bypassing the
        microcontroller), and use a mux to interrupt it to inject the KISS/
        APRS data?

        yeah, more hardware.

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
          One can only hope!  Of course, you'd think that APRS applications would ignore non-text PIDs too, but oh well.

          Oh, another argument for the synthesized NMEA approach is that you could generate it from ANOTHER station's data, and use a mapping program to track that station.

          Scott

          > interpreted as data frames. If you make it type 0x0d, for example, it
          > *should* be ignored by any properly-written KISS implementation.

          Forgive me, but:

          > *should* be ignored by any properly-written KISS implementation.

          haha. Yeah, right!

          --
          J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
          joe@lightningflash. net