Re: [tracker2] GPS data to computer as well?

  • J. Lance Cotton
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
      scott@... wrote:
      > Only type 0 frames should be
      > interpreted as data frames. If you make it type 0x0d, for example, it
      > *should* be ignored by any properly-written KISS implementation.

      Forgive me, but:

      > *should* be ignored by any properly-written KISS implementation.

      haha. Yeah, right!

      --
      J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
      joe@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
        I'd probably go with simulating, since the data might be from Garmin mode.

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
          On Oct 5, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

          > FRAM?
          >
          > Simulate NMEA from the data you do have?

          stream data from the GPS directly out the port (bypassing the
          microcontroller), and use a mux to interrupt it to inject the KISS/
          APRS data?

          yeah, more hardware.

          -Jason
          kg4wsv
        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2006
            One can only hope!  Of course, you'd think that APRS applications would ignore non-text PIDs too, but oh well.

            Oh, another argument for the synthesized NMEA approach is that you could generate it from ANOTHER station's data, and use a mapping program to track that station.

            Scott

            joe@lightningflash. net