RE: [tracker2] Firmware build 54010

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
      Some of the changes didn't commit properly, and the code I'm working on now needs some bugs fixed before I commit it.  The 'converting' stuff should only apply to the project file.

      I'll try to get the code updated soon... having network problems at the moment.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 5, 2006
        You could do the tripwire thing now using the configuration jumper.  My balloon cutdown prototype uses fishing line to pull a jumper and it works fine, only requires a few grams of force.

        For the vibration sensor, I just need to figure out how I'm going to interface it.  The manufacturer's documentation sucks, and some of the links on their website are broken.  I'm sure there's a full datasheet out there somewhere, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.

        From what I've seen on the oscilloscope, it registers millivolts in response to gentle movement, but can spike to tens of volts if you flick it.  I'd like to know just how high it's likely to go before I decide what to connect it to.  I'm guessing I'll probably use a JFET, though... maybe the same circuit I used for my Geiger counter.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 9, 2006
          Scott,

          I am having RX lockups, but only in the KISS mode. I am in the KISS
          mode and am also digipeating. How would you like me to get this
          information? If I go out of the KISS mode, everything seems to work
          again. If I go back into KISS everything seems ok again for a
          while. This is with UI View. I have not been able to get XASTIR to
          put the Tracker 2 into or out of KISS mode. I have to do this
          manually. I can get into KISS mode ok, but I have not figured out a
          way in LINUX to get out of kiss mode.

          73,

          Mark N5RFS

          At 11:27 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:
          >If you have any problems with RX lockups, or anything else for that matter,
          >copy this information down and email it to me before you do anything else.
          >The first line refers to FIFO pointers, and the second line gives status and
          >length for packets in the queue. OVF1 and OVF2 are overflow counters for
          >two types of FIFO overflows, EVQ is the event queue state, and BUF is the
          >size of another internal buffer.
        • Mark Miller
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 9, 2006
            I wrote a PERL script to get out of KISS mode. Sending C0 FF C0
            works well. I now have to figure out what XASTIR is doing. If I
            have a lockup in KISS, what info do you want me to gather?

            73,

            Mark N5RFX

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 11, 2006
              I think I have all the information I need to track it down.  I can recreate the problem, but the exact cause is still escaping me.  I've made some fixes that seem to prevent the lockups, but I'd still like to know where the glitch is.  I think it might be timing dependent.

              See my previous post about exiting KISS mode.  I might also make a more user-friendly way to exit - something like the old +++ modem escape code.