Re: [tracker2] Nuvi 350 Mounts Failing

  • wyoming_semi_driver@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 14, 2010
      I have had the same problem.
      K7CDL
      Ron

      Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Nuvi 350 Mounts Failing

      No solution, but I have had one fail at the same location. I thought mine had failed due to the radar detector I had mounted to it as well. I feel better knowing I am not alone!

      Mark
      KC5EVE

      At 06:33 PM 7/14/2010, you wrote:

      The mount that came with my Nuvi 350 broke where the steel pin goes through the suction cup part, first on one side and then on the other.  I thought I overstressed it taking the Nuvi out or putting it in, so I bought two more, just to be sure.  Now one of the new ones has broken and I have been VERY careful with it.  The plastic material looks very thin where it arches over the steel pin.  They felt like they needed a steel pin over 1/4" in diameter and held it in place with 1/8" thick plastic.  Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, have you found a solution?

      Thanks,

      Al K5TAN

    • Frank C.
      Message 51 of 51 , Jul 16, 2010
        Thinking about it, I have yet to see the busy light come on except when its transmitting my beacon.

        Fred thanks for the further info on the GTRANS cable.

        Regards,

        -Frank C.

        On Jul 16, 2010, at 13:54, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

        Frank KG6NLW wrote...

        Even with the GTRANS cable I don't see anything in the favorites window.

        Assuming that you are hearing beacons and that they are being decoded...
        is WAYPOINTS turned ON? Also, what do you have in MAXRANGE?

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH