Re: My OT2 thinks it's a weather station

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 12:59 PM
      Scott:

      The problem seems to stem from the ribbon cable I used to connect to the LCD display. I had used an 16 conductor ribbon cable connected to the Mono8 header. The ribbon cable goes out the back of the OT2 between the top and back plates and has about 3 inches hanging outside before it has 8 of the conductors soldered to a 2x5 pin header. The LCD is connected by 10 conductor ribbon cable.

      Even without the LCD ribbon cable connected the OT2 was giving incorrect readings once or twice a day. I then separated the 8 unused conductors in the ribbon cable and cut them off close to the Mono8 header. It has been working fine for last couple of weeks now even with the LCD ribbon cable connected.

      It would appear that the unused conductors were picking up spurious signals. Cars are noisy environments. Lesson learnt!

      Graham VE6GW