Re: [tracker2] Mobile Display

  • commconinc@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
      Other than the 350 I don't know of to many other units that would be big enough to see while driving. I use a Toughbook CF-18 laptop along with the tracker and a Kenwood mobile as we track in the mountains so 60W comes in handy. Most of the time I run 10W out so I am not killing some ones signal.
      Hope that answers your questions.
      Peter Summerhawk

      From: "Gary" <garyfiber@...>
      Sender: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:36:33 -0000
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [tracker2] Mobile Display

      Other than the Garmin nuvi 350 what are some of you using for mobile displays? How far has anyone extended the LCD display cable from the Tracker 2, its better than no display for sure.

      I have a Tracker2 and would like to have a local display in my vehicle and be able to also send text traffic if desired. Not much room once I get all the rigs mounted though. Was thinking of building a mobile computer and using something like a 7 inch touch screen.

      Have looked a bit at the HP iPAQ APRSIS or CE but they seem small to read in the vehicle, I would need readers most likely for that.

      Gary Fiber K8IZ