RE: [tracker2] Re: Firmware build 54010

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
      Easiest way is to just run the config program and click on the 'web' button to see the latest firmware.  Double-click on the firmware image you want to load.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
        Alternatively, via a web browser & then save to a file (Hopefully the
        browser won't wrap the url below..)

        <http://www.n1vg.net/opentracker/firmware/ot2.s19>

        -Ian ZL1VFO

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote:

        > Easiest way is to just run the config program and click on the 'web'
        button to see the latest firmware. Double-click on the firmware image
        you want to load.

        > Scott
        > _____

        Behalf
        > Of Scott Currie
        > Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:47 PM
        > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Firmware build 54010
        >
        > OK, I'm feeling pretty dumb here, but then I joined the beta team
        late. Where do I download the firmware files from?

        > -Scott

      • Jesse Brown
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2006
          I just checked CVS, it looks like its all OT2 code (unless its a combined codebase). I know your primary focus is OT2 right now, but I would like to make a few changes to the OT1 code to fix a few things and tweak others to my liking. I can submit patches if you feel my changes are useful.

             - Jesse

          On 10/3/06, scott@... <scott@... > wrote:
          I need to get another revision ready to go.  I haven't identified any major problems with Proto C, but I'm considering adding a piezoelectric motion sensor.  It'd mostly be useful for mobile installations, where you want it to turn on when the vehicle is moving.

          CVS should be almost up to date.  Had some trouble checking in a few files.

          Scott

        • Jesse Brown
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
            Ok I feel stupid, it is a combined codebase. Sorry Scott :)

            I did get a lot of "Old version" and "Converting" messages from
            Freescale. Hopefully it'll all work. Now the fun part begins!

            - Jesse
          • scott@opentrac.org
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2006
              Some of the changes didn't commit properly, and the code I'm working on now needs some bugs fixed before I commit it.  The 'converting' stuff should only apply to the project file.

              I'll try to get the code updated soon... having network problems at the moment.

              Scott

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 5, 2006
                You could do the tripwire thing now using the configuration jumper.  My balloon cutdown prototype uses fishing line to pull a jumper and it works fine, only requires a few grams of force.

                For the vibration sensor, I just need to figure out how I'm going to interface it.  The manufacturer's documentation sucks, and some of the links on their website are broken.  I'm sure there's a full datasheet out there somewhere, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.

                From what I've seen on the oscilloscope, it registers millivolts in response to gentle movement, but can spike to tens of volts if you flick it.  I'd like to know just how high it's likely to go before I decide what to connect it to.  I'm guessing I'll probably use a JFET, though... maybe the same circuit I used for my Geiger counter.

                Scott

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 9, 2006
                  Scott,

                  I am having RX lockups, but only in the KISS mode. I am in the KISS
                  mode and am also digipeating. How would you like me to get this
                  information? If I go out of the KISS mode, everything seems to work
                  again. If I go back into KISS everything seems ok again for a
                  while. This is with UI View. I have not been able to get XASTIR to
                  put the Tracker 2 into or out of KISS mode. I have to do this
                  manually. I can get into KISS mode ok, but I have not figured out a
                  way in LINUX to get out of kiss mode.

                  73,

                  Mark N5RFS

                  At 11:27 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:
                  >If you have any problems with RX lockups, or anything else for that matter,
                  >copy this information down and email it to me before you do anything else.
                  >The first line refers to FIFO pointers, and the second line gives status and
                  >length for packets in the queue. OVF1 and OVF2 are overflow counters for
                  >two types of FIFO overflows, EVQ is the event queue state, and BUF is the
                  >size of another internal buffer.
                • Mark Miller
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 9, 2006
                    I wrote a PERL script to get out of KISS mode. Sending C0 FF C0
                    works well. I now have to figure out what XASTIR is doing. If I
                    have a lockup in KISS, what info do you want me to gather?

                    73,

                    Mark N5RFX

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 11, 2006
                      I think I have all the information I need to track it down.  I can recreate the problem, but the exact cause is still escaping me.  I've made some fixes that seem to prevent the lockups, but I'd still like to know where the glitch is.  I think it might be timing dependent.

                      See my previous post about exiting KISS mode.  I might also make a more user-friendly way to exit - something like the old +++ modem escape code.