PCB design - Slightly off topic?

  • JohnD
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2010
      Working on a Tracker 2 related project...

      Has anyone used the online PCB manufacturers who provide free design tools, such as Pad2Pad.com? If you have, who did you use and what did you think?

      If you use some other PCB design software, what is it and where do you have your boards made?

      John, K0JDD
    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2010
        I used ExpressPCB once a few years ago. The software sucked. Could
        have been pilot error, but I had a lot less trouble with eagle, which
        is accused of having a steep learning curve.

        I've been using Eagle and etching boards at home with toner transfer.
        I'm thinking of sending one out to BatchPCB soon.

        Hackaday posted a link to one guy's writeup; they also refer to a
        previous article they did on BatchPCB.

        http://hackaday.com/2010/06/15/preparing-your-pcb-design-for-manufacture/

        -Jason
        kg4wsv