Re: [tracker2] Re: T2-135 versus UI-View

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 14, 2010
      > Please confirm, I need to have a special chip added to the T2-135? Do I
      > need to send it back to Argent for this alteration? Who do I contact and
      > what do I ask for?

      Not exactly... v1.2 added an active filter. In v1.1 there was a space
      there for memory expansion that was never used. The two aren't related
      and there's no way to add the active filter to the v1.1 or v1.0 board.

      If you're getting bad RX performance on an older board, the first thing
      to try is to heat up all of the solder joints one by one around the 2211
      chip, especially including the capacitors along the left side. After
      that, clean it thoroughly with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol and
      dry it. About 75% of the time that'll significantly improve the RX
      performance.

      Of course, you're always welcome to send it back in for repair or
      replacement as needed, no charge. Just include your order number if
      you've got it and a note about the problem and send it to:

      Argent Data Systems
      543 W. Betteravia Rd. Ste H
      Santa Maria, CA 93455