Re: [tracker2] Re: "Smart" Fill-in Digipeter

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 11, 2010
      On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM, zl1vfo <zl1vfo@...> wrote:

      > This sound similar to something I threw out there way back in, ooh 2006

      Yes, the concept has been around for a long time, I've been talking
      about it for many years, but the hardware wasn't available. Scott has
      hardware that can do this, but sometimes getting a good grip on his
      arm and twisting hard enough is difficult.

      Then of course there's also the problem of people getting distracted,
      and letting up on the pestering...

      There are lots of good ideas floating around, but those who can
      implement the concepts into the hardware are skittish about
      experimenting. I understand why though... if you try something, and
      people implement it wrong, then you can end up with a serious black
      eye in the community. Kind of like opening Pandora's Box...