Re: [tracker2] use as a digipeater

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
      Wes AI4PX wrote...

      > How does one "advertise" objects using T2? Sure, we have
      > a comment text for the digi itself, but what if I want to show the
      > local 2m repeater object on the map?

      You could use the script editor to have it send out an object for
      the local repeater.

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2010
        I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week. But
        the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset. This
        could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
        Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?

        I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
        Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.
        Wes

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
          On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...> wrote:

          > I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week.  But
          > the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset.  This
          > could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
          > Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?

          There's no access to time of day, or day of the week in the OT2 yet.
          I've requested such, and Scott has responded, but it's not implemented
          yet.

          > I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
          > Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.

          It can be a little hard to catch Bob's attention, and even harder to
          to get him to listen to outside ideas and concepts. Doesn't really
          matter a whole lot anyway, we can play with APRS and develop new ideas
          and concepts without having to get the approval of Bob.

          Bob was dead set against SmartBeaconing when it was invented, and
          Proportional Pathing was another thing that didn't pass the bar for
          him either. It took a few years, but some good ideas can't be ignored
          forever. We just need to keep playing and creating... sooner or later
          the rest of the world catches up.

        • Patrick
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
            The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached,
            you can then use the gps for date and time.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
              On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Patrick <winston@...> wrote:

              > The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached,
              > you can then use the gps for date and time.

              Really? I didn't know that when I wrote those scripts.

              The time increment is based on the 1 pulse per second coming from the GPS.

              From the Wiki:
              ***
              Second
              This counter indicates the second of the current hour (synchronized to
              GPS time) from 0 to 3599.
              ***

              There's no way to get day of the week, or date (yet).

              My weekly script needs to have all counters zeroed at midnight on
              Sunday, but one could add on a script that would set the counter
              values to a specific value which corresponds to the current
              day/hour/minute, and then call that script remotely.

              It was written as a simple example of how scripting could be used. I
              haven't tested it yet to see if it actually works.