Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [tracker2] use as a digipeater

Expand Messages
  • Keith VE7GDH
    Wes AI4PX wrote... ... You could use the script editor to have it send out an object for the local repeater. http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting 73
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
      Wes AI4PX wrote...

      > How does one "advertise" objects using T2? Sure, we have
      > a comment text for the digi itself, but what if I want to show the
      > local 2m repeater object on the map?

      You could use the script editor to have it send out an object for
      the local repeater.

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      --
      "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      You can accomplish this with scripting. See http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting and check out the examples under Weekly Announcements . Lynn (D) -
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
        You can accomplish this with scripting. See
        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting and check out the
        examples under "Weekly Announcements".

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - OT2m as KJ4ERJ-9

        Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
        >
        >
        > How does one "advertise" objects using T2? Sure, we have a comment
        > text for the digi itself, but what if I want to show the local 2m
        > repeater object on the map?
        > Wes
        > ---
        > God help those who do not help themselves.
        >
      • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
        I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week. But the T2 can t know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset. This could be
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2010
          I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week. But
          the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset. This
          could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
          Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?

          I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
          Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.
          Wes

          On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 21:29, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

          > Wes AI4PX wrote...
          >
          > > How does one "advertise" objects using T2? Sure, we have
          > > a comment text for the digi itself, but what if I want to show the
          > > local 2m repeater object on the map?
          >
          > You could use the script editor to have it send out an object for
          > the local repeater.
          >
          > http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting
          >
          > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          > --
          > "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"
        • James Ewen
          ... There s no access to time of day, or day of the week in the OT2 yet. I ve requested such, and Scott has responded, but it s not implemented yet. ... It can
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
            On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...> wrote:

            > I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week.  But
            > the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset.  This
            > could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
            > Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?

            There's no access to time of day, or day of the week in the OT2 yet.
            I've requested such, and Scott has responded, but it's not implemented
            yet.

            > I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
            > Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.

            It can be a little hard to catch Bob's attention, and even harder to
            to get him to listen to outside ideas and concepts. Doesn't really
            matter a whole lot anyway, we can play with APRS and develop new ideas
            and concepts without having to get the approval of Bob.

            Bob was dead set against SmartBeaconing when it was invented, and
            Proportional Pathing was another thing that didn't pass the bar for
            him either. It took a few years, but some good ideas can't be ignored
            forever. We just need to keep playing and creating... sooner or later
            the rest of the world catches up.

            James
            VE6SRV
          • Patrick
            The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached, you can then use the gps for date and time. p
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
              The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached,
              you can then use the gps for date and time.

              p

              On 6/5/2010 1:59 PM, James Ewen wrote:
              > On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX<wes@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              >> I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week. But
              >> the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset. This
              >> could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
              >> Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?
              >>
              > There's no access to time of day, or day of the week in the OT2 yet.
              > I've requested such, and Scott has responded, but it's not implemented
              > yet.
              >
              >
              >> I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
              >> Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.
              >>
              > It can be a little hard to catch Bob's attention, and even harder to
              > to get him to listen to outside ideas and concepts. Doesn't really
              > matter a whole lot anyway, we can play with APRS and develop new ideas
              > and concepts without having to get the approval of Bob.
              >
              > Bob was dead set against SmartBeaconing when it was invented, and
              > Proportional Pathing was another thing that didn't pass the bar for
              > him either. It took a few years, but some good ideas can't be ignored
              > forever. We just need to keep playing and creating... sooner or later
              > the rest of the world catches up.
              >
              > James
              > VE6SRV
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
            • James Ewen
              ... Really? I didn t know that when I wrote those scripts. The time increment is based on the 1 pulse per second coming from the GPS. From the Wiki: *** Second
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
                On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Patrick <winston@...> wrote:

                > The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached,
                > you can then use the gps for date and time.

                Really? I didn't know that when I wrote those scripts.

                The time increment is based on the 1 pulse per second coming from the GPS.

                From the Wiki:
                ***
                Second
                This counter indicates the second of the current hour (synchronized to
                GPS time) from 0 to 3599.
                ***

                There's no way to get day of the week, or date (yet).

                My weekly script needs to have all counters zeroed at midnight on
                Sunday, but one could add on a script that would set the counter
                values to a specific value which corresponds to the current
                day/hour/minute, and then call that script remotely.

                It was written as a simple example of how scripting could be used. I
                haven't tested it yet to see if it actually works.

                James
                VE6SRV
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.