use as a digipeater

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
      How does one "advertise" objects using T2?  Sure, we have a comment text for the digi itself, but what if I want to show the local 2m repeater object on the map?
      Wes
      ---
      God help those who do not help themselves.
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
        Wes AI4PX wrote...

        > How does one "advertise" objects using T2? Sure, we have
        > a comment text for the digi itself, but what if I want to show the
        > local 2m repeater object on the map?

        You could use the script editor to have it send out an object for
        the local repeater.

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
          You can accomplish this with scripting. See
          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting and check out the
          examples under "Weekly Announcements".

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - OT2m as KJ4ERJ-9

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2010
            I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week. But
            the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset. This
            could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
            Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?

            I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
            Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.
            Wes

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
              On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...> wrote:

              > I notice in the example a script that runs based on the day of week.  But
              > the T2 can't know what day it is, this is relative to the last reset.  This
              > could be very handy to advertise the local ham club net on sunday night.
              > Can anyone think of a way to index it to a particular day for sure?

              There's no access to time of day, or day of the week in the OT2 yet.
              I've requested such, and Scott has responded, but it's not implemented
              yet.

              > I also wonder if Bob Bruninga knows about the flexibility of this!
              > Everything on his pages is/are KPC3-centric.

              It can be a little hard to catch Bob's attention, and even harder to
              to get him to listen to outside ideas and concepts. Doesn't really
              matter a whole lot anyway, we can play with APRS and develop new ideas
              and concepts without having to get the approval of Bob.

              Bob was dead set against SmartBeaconing when it was invented, and
              Proportional Pathing was another thing that didn't pass the bar for
              him either. It took a few years, but some good ideas can't be ignored
              forever. We just need to keep playing and creating... sooner or later
              the rest of the world catches up.

            • Patrick
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
                The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached,
                you can then use the gps for date and time.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 5, 2010
                  On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Patrick <winston@...> wrote:

                  > The date logic you see in the script is based on having a gps attached,
                  > you can then use the gps for date and time.

                  Really? I didn't know that when I wrote those scripts.

                  The time increment is based on the 1 pulse per second coming from the GPS.

                  From the Wiki:
                  ***
                  Second
                  This counter indicates the second of the current hour (synchronized to
                  GPS time) from 0 to 3599.
                  ***

                  There's no way to get day of the week, or date (yet).

                  My weekly script needs to have all counters zeroed at midnight on
                  Sunday, but one could add on a script that would set the counter
                  values to a specific value which corresponds to the current
                  day/hour/minute, and then call that script remotely.

                  It was written as a simple example of how scripting could be used. I
                  haven't tested it yet to see if it actually works.