Re: [tracker2] dead tracker?

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
      Ohh and it is rapid red

      On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 13:30, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Rapid red or green?

      In any case, let me know where to send it and I'll have a replacement
      MCU out to you today.

      Scott

      Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

      > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list.   The
      > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
      >
      > Wes
      >
      > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>> wrote:
      >

      >     Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
      >
      >     73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
      >

      >     --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
      >     <mailto:wes@...>>/* wrote:
      >

      >         From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>
      >         Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
      >         To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      >         Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
      >

      >         I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
      >         otwincfg program.  He said he changed the callsign in each
      >         profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
      >         now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more.  I tested my
      >         serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at Dayton, and
      >         it works fine.  Is there any way I can salvage this load?  He's
      >         trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to take
      >         and we need it done by Thursday.
      >
      >         Wes
      >         ---
      >         God help those who do not help themselves.
      >

      > --
      > Wes
      > ---
      > God help those who do not help themselves.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
         tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Wes
      ---
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
        Ah, I didn't see that. We don't have any more KX8 processors. You can
        always sent it in and I'll check it out.

        Scott

        Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

        > Scott, this is one of the oldest tracker2's.... with the misaligned RJ11
        > and ONE red/grn LED. I certainly don't expect you to cover it. BUT if
        > you're willing, I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today, throw the CPU
        > in with that box.
        >
        > The order was to James Johnston Dalzell SC
        >
        > Wes
        >
        > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 13:30, Scott Miller <scott@...
        > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
        >
        > Rapid red or green?
        >
        > In any case, let me know where to send it and I'll have a replacement
        > MCU out to you today.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
        > >

        > > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list. The
        > > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
        > >
        > > Wes
        > >
        > > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        > > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>
        > <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...
        > <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>>> wrote:
        > >

        > > Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
        > >
        > > 73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
        > >

        > > --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
        > <mailto:wes@...>
        > > <mailto:wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>>/* wrote:
        > >

        > > From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...
        > <mailto:wes@...> <mailto:wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>>
        > > Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
        > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>>
        > > Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
        > >

        > > I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
        > > otwincfg program. He said he changed the callsign in each
        > > profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
        > > now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more. I
        > tested my
        > > serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at
        > Dayton, and
        > > it works fine. Is there any way I can salvage this load?
        > He's
        > > trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to
        > take
        > > and we need it done by Thursday.
        > >
        > > Wes
        > > ---
        > > God help those who do not help themselves.
        > >

        > > --
        > > Wes
        > > ---
        > > God help those who do not help themselves.

        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > Wes
        > ---
        > God help those who do not help themselves.

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
          Wes AI4PX wrote...

          > I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today...

          I just looked and the OT2m showed "no stock"...

          Scott - are they sometimes available these days? I thought you
          were still having problems with the CM or parts availability.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
            I said...

            > Scott - are they sometimes available these days? I thought you
            > were still having problems with the CM or parts availability.

            Of course I then looked on the product status page and saw that
            you were waiting for a shipment of more cases for the OT2m!

            http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Product_Status

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH