Re: [tracker2] dead tracker?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
      Rapid red or green?

      In any case, let me know where to send it and I'll have a replacement
      MCU out to you today.

      Scott

      Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

      > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list. The
      > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
      >
      > Wes
      >
      > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>> wrote:
      >

      > Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
      >
      > 73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
      >

      > --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
      > <mailto:wes@...>>/* wrote:
      >

      > From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>
      > Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
      >

      > I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
      > otwincfg program. He said he changed the callsign in each
      > profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
      > now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more. I tested my
      > serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at Dayton, and
      > it works fine. Is there any way I can salvage this load? He's
      > trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to take
      > and we need it done by Thursday.
      >
      > Wes
      > ---
      > God help those who do not help themselves.
      >

      > --
      > Wes
      > ---
      > God help those who do not help themselves.

    • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
        Scott, this is one of the oldest tracker2's.... with the misaligned RJ11 and ONE red/grn LED.  I certainly don't expect you to cover it.  BUT if you're willing, I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today, throw the CPU in with that box.

        The order was to James Johnston Dalzell SC

        Wes

        Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

        > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list.   The
        > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
        >
        > Wes
        >
        > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>> wrote:
        >

        >     Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
        >
        >     73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
        >

        >     --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
        >     <mailto:wes@...>>/* wrote:
        >

        >         From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>
        >         Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
        >         To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
        >         Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
        >

        >         I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
        >         otwincfg program.  He said he changed the callsign in each
        >         profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
        >         now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more.  I tested my
        >         serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at Dayton, and
        >         it works fine.  Is there any way I can salvage this load?  He's
        >         trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to take
        >         and we need it done by Thursday.
        >
        >         Wes
        >         ---
        >         God help those who do not help themselves.
        >

        > --
        > Wes
        > ---
        > God help those who do not help themselves.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
           tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        Wes
        ---
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
          Ohh and it is rapid red

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
            Ah, I didn't see that. We don't have any more KX8 processors. You can
            always sent it in and I'll check it out.

            Scott

            Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

            > Scott, this is one of the oldest tracker2's.... with the misaligned RJ11
            > and ONE red/grn LED. I certainly don't expect you to cover it. BUT if
            > you're willing, I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today, throw the CPU
            > in with that box.
            >
            > The order was to James Johnston Dalzell SC
            >
            > Wes
            >
            > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 13:30, Scott Miller <scott@...
            > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
            >
            > Rapid red or green?
            >
            > In any case, let me know where to send it and I'll have a replacement
            > MCU out to you today.
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
            > >

            > > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list. The
            > > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
            > >
            > > Wes
            > >
            > > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
            > > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>
            > <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...
            > <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>>> wrote:
            > >

            > > Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
            > >
            > > 73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
            > >

            > > --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
            > <mailto:wes@...>
            > > <mailto:wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>>/* wrote:
            > >

            > > From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...
            > <mailto:wes@...> <mailto:wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>>
            > > Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
            > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>>
            > > Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
            > >

            > > I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
            > > otwincfg program. He said he changed the callsign in each
            > > profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
            > > now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more. I
            > tested my
            > > serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at
            > Dayton, and
            > > it works fine. Is there any way I can salvage this load?
            > He's
            > > trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to
            > take
            > > and we need it done by Thursday.
            > >
            > > Wes
            > > ---
            > > God help those who do not help themselves.
            > >

            > > --
            > > Wes
            > > ---
            > > God help those who do not help themselves.

            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > Wes
            > ---
            > God help those who do not help themselves.

          • Keith VE7GDH
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
              Wes AI4PX wrote...

              > I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today...

              I just looked and the OT2m showed "no stock"...

              Scott - are they sometimes available these days? I thought you
              were still having problems with the CM or parts availability.

              73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
            • Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                I said...

                > Scott - are they sometimes available these days? I thought you
                > were still having problems with the CM or parts availability.

                Of course I then looked on the product status page and saw that
                you were waiting for a shipment of more cases for the OT2m!

                http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Product_Status

                73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH