dead tracker?

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
      I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the otwincfg program.  He said he changed the callsign in each profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more.  I tested my serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at Dayton, and it works fine.  Is there any way I can salvage this load?  He's trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to take and we need it done by Thursday.

      Wes
      ---
      God help those who do not help themselves.
    • jjmagda@cox.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
        Something I found to work is to disable turbo mode. I learned that tip from Scott, but just found it in the manual this past week. (For me-rtfm!) try that and see, serial ports are good, but react differently.
        John kb4yfk

        Sent via Verizon Pocket Communicator

        From: "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...>
        Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:06:25 -0400
        To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?

        I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the otwincfg program.  He said he changed the callsign in each profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more.  I tested my serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at Dayton, and it works fine.  Is there any way I can salvage this load?  He's trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to take and we need it done by Thursday.

        Wes
        ---
        God help those who do not help themselves.

      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010

          Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.

          73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
            I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list.   The tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.

            Wes

            --
            Wes
            ---
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
              Rapid red or green?

              In any case, let me know where to send it and I'll have a replacement
              MCU out to you today.

              Scott

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                Scott, this is one of the oldest tracker2's.... with the misaligned RJ11 and ONE red/grn LED.  I certainly don't expect you to cover it.  BUT if you're willing, I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today, throw the CPU in with that box.

                The order was to James Johnston Dalzell SC

                Wes

                Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

                > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list.   The
                > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
                >
                > Wes
                >
                > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
                > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>> wrote:
                >

                >     Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
                >
                >     73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
                >

                >     --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
                >     <mailto:wes@...>>/* wrote:
                >

                >         From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>
                >         Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
                >         To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
                >         Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
                >

                >         I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
                >         otwincfg program.  He said he changed the callsign in each
                >         profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
                >         now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more.  I tested my
                >         serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at Dayton, and
                >         it works fine.  Is there any way I can salvage this load?  He's
                >         trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to take
                >         and we need it done by Thursday.
                >
                >         Wes
                >         ---
                >         God help those who do not help themselves.
                >

                > --
                > Wes
                > ---
                > God help those who do not help themselves.

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                Wes
                ---
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                  Ohh and it is rapid red

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                    Ah, I didn't see that. We don't have any more KX8 processors. You can
                    always sent it in and I'll check it out.

                    Scott

                    Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

                    > Scott, this is one of the oldest tracker2's.... with the misaligned RJ11
                    > and ONE red/grn LED. I certainly don't expect you to cover it. BUT if
                    > you're willing, I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today, throw the CPU
                    > in with that box.
                    >
                    > The order was to James Johnston Dalzell SC
                    >
                    > Wes
                    >
                    > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 13:30, Scott Miller <scott@...
                    > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
                    >
                    > Rapid red or green?
                    >
                    > In any case, let me know where to send it and I'll have a replacement
                    > MCU out to you today.
                    >
                    > Scott
                    >
                    > Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
                    > >

                    > > I tried "disable turbo" before giving up and emailing the list. The
                    > > tracker has a rapidly blinking LED as it's only sign of life.
                    > >
                    > > Wes
                    > >
                    > > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 23:20, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
                    > > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>
                    > <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...
                    > <mailto:yono_adisoemarta@...>>> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Try "disable" Turbo when launching the otwincfg program.
                    > >
                    > > 73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
                    > >

                    > > --- On *Tue, 6/1/10, Wes Johnston, AI4PX /<wes@...
                    > <mailto:wes@...>
                    > > <mailto:wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>>/* wrote:
                    > >

                    > > From: Wes Johnston, AI4PX <wes@...
                    > <mailto:wes@...> <mailto:wes@... <mailto:wes@...>>>
                    > > Subject: [tracker2] dead tracker?
                    > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com>>
                    > > Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 8:06 PM
                    > >

                    > > I loan my T2 to a friend who says he accessed it with the
                    > > otwincfg program. He said he changed the callsign in each
                    > > profile and wrote it back, but it gave "some write error" and
                    > > now it won't talk to the otwincfg program any more. I
                    > tested my
                    > > serial cable with the OT+ that my daughter built at
                    > Dayton, and
                    > > it works fine. Is there any way I can salvage this load?
                    > He's
                    > > trying to put it in his car to track a trip he's about to
                    > take
                    > > and we need it done by Thursday.
                    > >
                    > > Wes
                    > > ---
                    > > God help those who do not help themselves.
                    > >

                    > > --
                    > > Wes
                    > > ---
                    > > God help those who do not help themselves.

                    > (Yahoo! ID required)
                    >
                    > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    > Wes
                    > ---
                    > God help those who do not help themselves.

                  • Keith VE7GDH
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                      Wes AI4PX wrote...

                      > I just ordered a tracker 2 from you today...

                      I just looked and the OT2m showed "no stock"...

                      Scott - are they sometimes available these days? I thought you
                      were still having problems with the CM or parts availability.

                      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                    • Keith VE7GDH
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
                        I said...

                        > Scott - are they sometimes available these days? I thought you
                        > were still having problems with the CM or parts availability.

                        Of course I then looked on the product status page and saw that
                        you were waiting for a shipment of more cases for the OT2m!

                        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Product_Status

                        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH