T2-135 DR-135 Connector issue

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2010
      Yesterday I was messing with that easy mod of removing the twisted black / red wire pair to regain some of the remote mic functions.  That didn't work for me, BTW.  I don't know why as it's pretty simple.  I gained nothing with regard to remote mic. functions.  I dunno why not...

      After I reassembled the radio (replaced the rear cover) and reconnected the Nuvi 350, power and antenna I was getting that message that the radio cable wasn't connected to the Nuvi.  It was connected so I power cycled both the radio and Nuvi 350 several times without the Nuvi recognizing the T2 being connected.  I took the radio's rear plate cover off again to have a look-see and it appeared the connector from the DB-9 side of the T2-135 board was not fully seated.  I pushed it on and the Nuvi now recognizes the cable and things worked as expected - until I put it together again.  The issue seems to be that the connector that attaches the cable from the DB-9 of the DR-135 to the T2 board has no positive locking stop to keep it solidly in place.  Is that normal?  What is a fix?  Can I put a couple of dabs of hot glue on the connected connector to help keep it in place?  It does slide off quite easily.

      Thanks,

      Pete
      KC0GPB