Re: How to SET UP a Fillin DIGIPEATER

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2010
      Keith,
      I have also bench tested different digi settings in the OT2, and confirmed that if WIDE is used as an alias the digi will respond to any WIDEn-N including the obsolete "WIDE". I hope this can be improved at some point. Maybe a command like :(Ignore WIDE on/off) and Ignore WIDEn-N above sysop set N (IgnoreN 3) could ignore N above a set limit.

      My digis are all within earshot of I-gates. All of them are also setup as fill-ins. I don't care to forward stale garbage from 300+ miles away.

      If an OT2 is improperly setup Fill-in (Alias 1 WIDE1) and (hoplimit 1 1), it will reward oblivious users running WIDE1-2 with a second hop of WIDE1-1.

      In a perfect World properly setup Fillins wouldn't really need to DUP check if they only responded to WIDE1-n. If (HOPLIMIT 1 0) it will replace any WIDE1-n with MYCALL. I guess if an "appliance user" used a bogus path of (WIDE1-2,WIDE1-7) the OT2 fillin with Dup 30 would stop the ignorant user's severely abusive settings.

      Our DIGIs need to become smarter. It would be great if an OT2 WIDE1 Fillin could show the used up WIDE1* and insert the Digi's Callsign, like TT4's already do. Also to be able to parse the whole path of a user, and Truncate large paths with a sysop set limit like (Truncate N) hops. I see a users running WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3 or WIDE1-2,WIDE2-2,WIDE3-5 and would like to limit their path instead of forwarding mobius paths to my neighbors.

      Thanks for the (DIGIID 1 on) correction, I will update that.

      Alan
      Ok it's been 10 minutes, n6vud;-)