Re: Scripting: Changing Status on Profile Change

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2010
      If you want to change status text, Leave Status rate 1
      Stat 1

      COMMENT "Operating on Battery Backup Power!!!"

      I think it would work like this:

      If Profile 1
      Do Once
      Exec "COMM Operating on Battery Backup Power!!!"
      End Block
      End Block
      If Profile 2
      Do Once
      Exec "COMM Intermod Ridge Digi, AC Normal"
      End Block
      End Block

      Of course you will need to set the Profile switch jumpers in the profile pop-up, and turn on Scripting.

      Alan
    • Jonathan Scott Weirmeir
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2010
        I want to change the COMMENT and the STATUS text at the same time. Can
        I do that?

        73 DE KC8RYW

        On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Alan <alan@...> wrote:

        > If you want to change status text, Leave Status rate 1
        > Stat 1
        >
        > COMMENT "Operating on Battery Backup Power!!!"
        >
        > I think it would work like this:
        >
        > If Profile 1
        > Do Once
        > Exec "COMM Operating on Battery Backup Power!!!"
        > End Block
        > End Block
        > If Profile 2
        > Do Once
        > Exec "COMM Intermod Ridge Digi, AC Normal"
        > End Block
        > End Block
        >
        > Of course you will need to set the Profile switch jumpers in the profile pop-up, and turn on Scripting.
        >
        > Alan

      • Alan
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2010
          As far as I know, STAtus is a rate, like 2, every other position beacon. When STAtus is checked the text will start with ">".

          When COMment is checked the same text will be sent with a position beacon, that starts with "!".

          If you wanted to send a comment and then change text and change to Status, it would take a complicated script to do all that.

          You could also simply sent BEAcon text, and start it with whatever you want.(!,>,<,;...)

          This beacon example will show up as Status text:
          Exec "BEA >Operating on Battery Backup Power!!!"

          You might want to study the examples at the scripting WIKI.

          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting

          Alan
        • Jonathan Scott Weirmeir
          Message 4 of 5 , May 13, 2010