Re: [tracker2] Argent GTRANS cable

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2010
      Not very difficult at all.

      As a matter of fact, you could easily make another cable to adapt from the dsub to submini stereo to keep the original cable in tact, in case you still wanted to use the GTRANS cable with another tracker or a computer.

      Randy
      WF5X

      On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Brian Clark <brianclark.w4sou@...> wrote:

      I am going to buy a D710 for use with my Nuvi 350. I have a GTRANS
      cable with a dsub end. How difficult would it be to change this to a
      Kenwood end?
      Brian, W4SOU

    • Brian Clark
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2010
        Randy Love wrote:

        > Not very difficult at all.
        >
        > As a matter of fact, you could easily make another cable to adapt from
        > the dsub to submini stereo to keep the original cable in tact, in case
        > you still wanted to use the GTRANS cable with another tracker or a
        > computer.
        >
        > Randy
        > WF5X

        Thanks Randy. I hadn't thought of that. I may go that route.
        Brian, W4SOU
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2010
          It's pretty easy. You just need to desolder and replace 3 wires.

          Scott