Re: [tracker2] T2-301 power supply

    Message 1 of 9 , May 9, 2010
      I'd have to check - it's made by MPD and their site at
      batteryholders.com should have drawings.

      For the SAR packs, I forget where I got those holders. I'll have to go
      dig through some invoices.

      Scott

      Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:

      > At 06:15 PM 5/9/2010, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
      >
      > >Just need to find an 8-cell flat-pack battery holder.
      >
      > Scott, what are the dimensions of the 8 AA battery holder you have in
      > the store?
      >
      > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=96
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=96>
      >
      > I've found some 8-cell flat-pack holders on-line, but only from
      > Aisian distributors who have large minimum orders. The Blossom BH381
      > is one example. I'm thinking that a T2-301 and an 8-cell flat-pack
      > holder would fit very nicely in something like a Pelican 1030 case.
      >
      > Bob...

    • Larry Simon
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9, 2010
        are you looking for something like this?
        <http://www.batteryspace.com/batteryholder8xaasidebysidewith626awgwireleads-rohscompliant.aspx>

        _____

        At 06:15 PM 5/9/2010, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:

        >Just need to find an 8-cell flat-pack battery holder.

        Scott, what are the dimensions of the 8 AA battery holder you have in
        the store?

        <https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=96>

        I've found some 8-cell flat-pack holders on-line, but only from
        Aisian distributors who have large minimum orders. The Blossom BH381
        is one example. I'm thinking that a T2-301 and an 8-cell flat-pack
        holder would fit very nicely in something like a Pelican 1030 case.

        Bob...
      • Tim Cunningham
        Message 3 of 9 , May 9, 2010
          Forget about Alkaline.

          Here is a nice reference to some NiMH batteries and chargers for reference
          you might find helpful, but it is a little dated:

          http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

          I have tested a few brands myself (NiMH variety) and found that none lived
          up to their actual ratings. Chargers and batteries have been a variable in
          my digital camera operation. I finally tossed my charger and upgraded to a
          more elaborate charger and it indeed made a huge difference in how I group
          my batteries for camera/flash operation. Some batteries come close to their
          rated numbers as far as capacity (NiMH type) but I have not seen many in my
          experience. It only takes one bad link in a chain to cause trouble as well.
          So, the condition of any battery and its storage capability are important
          when used in series. I once had some Camedia batteries that really performed
          many years ago and they lasted the longest as far as the number of recharge
          cycles. History has not repeated in this area. Manufacturers change their
          recipe from time to time and you cannot expect the same brand to perform the
          same either as new batteries are released. I have thrown many of the
          Duracell 2600mah batteries away due to high impedance failures or failure to
          live up to the rated capacity. I have been pleased with PowerEx so far, but
          I just started using their products in the past 6 months.

          I have a Maha MH-C9000 charger that I have been very pleased with using to
          keep my batteries in good condition and report the health by analyzing the
          batteries. This has proved its worth many times to keep my camera and flash
          running on extended periods. I carry several sets of batteries grouped
          according to their actual (not rated) storage capacity. It makes enough
          difference to do this when you need reliable and repeatable performance.

          Lithium's will be the best bet.

          All rechargeables need to be topped off or recharged before prior to use due
          to shelf life limitations if you want/need/demand maximum performance. For
          critical operation you need to analyze your batteries (put them to the test)
          before you put them into operation to avoid any surprises.

          73's,

          Tim - N8DEU

          Message 4 of 9 , May 10, 2010
            At 08:31 PM 5/9/2010, Larry Simon wrote:
            >are you looking for something like this?
            ><http://www.batteryspace.com/batteryholder8xaasidebysidewith626awgwireleads-rohscompliant.aspx>

            Exactly. Thanks, Larry!

            At 01:19 AM 5/10/2010, Tim Cunningham wrote:
            >Forget about Alkaline.

            Check.

            >Lithium's will be the best bet.

            I'll be stopping at Wal-Mart (ugh) this evening to see what they have.

            Bob...