Sending Object Beacons

  • n4krj
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2010
      I have been over the wiki and setup pages and am very close to my goal.
      I want to send repeater objects on a normal basis... like 10-20 mins apart. I have the syntax working like the scripts in the wiki, but how do i tell the script what time it is in zulu. In order for the beacon to the tranmitted and igated, does the zulu time of the beacon have to be correct ?

      If so, how do i tell the script to insert the time, or even know what time it is.

      N4KRJ
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2010
        Time insertion is on my to-do list. For now, I'd just set it to a fixed
        value - I think everything should still display it regardless.

        Scott

        n4krj wrote:

        > I have been over the wiki and setup pages and am very close to my goal.
        > I want to send repeater objects on a normal basis... like 10-20 mins
        > apart. I have the syntax working like the scripts in the wiki, but how
        > do i tell the script what time it is in zulu. In order for the beacon to
        > the tranmitted and igated, does the zulu time of the beacon have to be
        > correct ?
        >
        > If so, how do i tell the script to insert the time, or even know what
        > time it is.
        >
        > N4KRJ

      • Malcolm
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2010
          is there any chance I could see you Script values. I am wanting to write one for our APRS network here in the Yukon to Beacon the repeaters at the sites about every 60 minutes or so.

          Thanks Malcolm VY1FC

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14, 2010
            Script examples are on the wiki...

            http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting#Multiple_Announcements