T2-135 Profile/Config question

  • Tim Cunningham
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2010
      A local group just got a T2-135 replacement board. The new board has
      Tracker2 Build 55076 and the other 7 units have Tracker2 Build 54680.

      I got a call late last night that the replacement board was not working
      without the computer connected. As soon as they disconnected the computer
      the system stopped transmitting. The PROFILE command issued locally returned
      2 and when I sent it remotely it returned 1. I cannot be certain the
      computer was still connected when I sent the command remotely (they said it
      was). There was some question on my part if they had disconnected it.

      In any event the problem was isolated to the T2-135 using Profile 2 for some
      reason when the computer was connected and then switching to Profile 1 when
      it was disconnected. What triggers a profile change when a computer is
      connected or not connoted to the DB9 on the DR-135T?

      They said when typing PROFILE 1 it returned a ~ and a block on the screen.
      Since I could not see it I cannot validate the description of the problem.

      I had them type CONFIG and they said it returned 0. The manual indicates you
      can set 1 or 2 for the CONFIG, so this was puzzling. CONFIG 2 seemed to hold
      what they programmed so I had them issue CONFIG 1 and enter their
      configuration. This was all done manually without the config software
      utility. Once they performed this action the T2-135 behaved when the
      computer was disconnected and then the weather station was connected.

      I am strapped for time with work to experiment/debug/research this behavior
      at the moment so I wonder if anybody can provide some insight.

      Thanks,
      Tim - N8DEU
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2010
        Tim N8DEU wrote...

        > the problem was isolated to the T2-135 using Profile 2 for some reason
        > when the computer was connected and then switching to Profile 1 when
        > it was disconnected. What triggers a profile change when a computer is
        > connected or not connoted to the DB9 on the DR-135T?

        I seem to recall that if you have the jumper enabled for profile switching
        that it will switch when a computer is connected / disconnected. A quick
        test should be able to prove if that is what is happening. You could even
        change it remotely if your callsign is in the AUTH list.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2010
          One of the handshaking lines activates the 'jumper' input. It's
          actually useful if you want to automatically switch to KISS mode, or
          switch out of Garmin mode. If you're not using that, go into the
          profile switching setup and uncheck the 'jumper' option.

          Scott