Re: [tracker2] T2-301 / T2-301 Serial & Power Cable / Serial Splitter Cable

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2010
      Scott N1VG wrote...

      > Current would be the main thing to watch. 100 mA sounds right if you've
      > got a GPS receiver connected. 12A isn't right, though - maybe 1.2A?

      Dang! The transmit current just shows very briefly on the digital meter
      (can't find my Watts Up meter!) and I'll bet it was just 1.2 amps.

      > I've got a piece of thermochromic film I'll sometimes lay across the
      > back of a board if I think it's generating too much heat - this is the
      > $5 alternative to a $15,000 thermal imaging system. Usually it'll show
      > you a big blob of heat radiating from the voltage regulator.

      There was nothing obviously hot. The case was just warm to touch.
      It just struck me as odd that it was warm at all. I'll try another T2-301
      in a few days, but the one I was commenting on is now installed and
      not easy to get to. My son will be going on a trip today with it. It will
      be a good test. Thanks for the info.

      Thanks - Keith
      Internet-Canada
      www.internet-canada.com