Re: [tracker2] Re: Beaconing Too Much

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 28, 2010
      Alan N6VUD wrote...

      > Download and replace your otwincfg.exe It gets updated occasionally
      > with firmware...

      I'm not sure if you are inferring that the version of otwincfg.exe an
      individual is using gets updated automatically when they update the
      firmware, or if you just mean that Scott sometimes makes a new
      version available when new firmware is available. The two updates
      are of course separate... i.e. the user should download otwincfg.exe
      from the URL you provided, and the firmware can be updated while
      running the program with the device (OT, OT1+, OT2m, T2-135,
      T2-301 etc.) connected to the computer.

      > but there is no way to verify your version, or when it's
      > been updated. I routinely replace OTwincfg when new FW comes out.
      > http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/otwincfg.exe

      Actually, you can just right-click on the title bar of otwincfg.exe and
      select "about" and see the build date. I just downloaded otwincfg.exe
      from the above URL and confirmed that it was "build 11/16/2009" and
      the same version that I was already using.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • Adam Sherman
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
        On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 14:13, Alan <alan@...> wrote:
        > Your slow speed was 2mph and a pretty fast stop rate. GPS errors will make the tracker think you are moving and cornerpegging.

        Just wanted to clarify: it transmits every 60 seconds with the GPS turned off.

        Thanks for everyone's input.

        A.

        --
        Adam Sherman
        Technologist
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
          Then turn off "Don't require GPS Fix", even that shouldn't make it TX every 60 seconds.

          I loaded your cfg into a tracker, and it was beaconing more than courteous. It didn't TX every 60 Seconds. That is why I suggest you load the latest fw, OTwincofg, and load the file I modified.

          You asked for help, I spent time to test, and recommended steps that I would take to to clear the problem up. Take it or leave it.

          I tested with your original CFG, and the CFG I modified. See the results. Blue is before, Green is after. The 2MPH slow speed and spastic slow TX rate is abusive. After obscuring the GPS it jumped around like a Mexican Jumping Bean.

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
            I was pointing out the OTwincfg build date/version hasn't been update, but the program has been updated.

            That didn't work for me last year when I was using scripting. The "DO Once" command was not in the OTwincfg that I was using. The newer otwincfg had the same build date, and version. 1.0.0.1 Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 1:28:29 PM. Check to see if you have the DO Once command on the script popup.

            Alan

            > select "about" and see the build date. I just downloaded otwincfg.exe
            > from the above URL and confirmed that it was "build 11/16/2009" and
            > the same version that I was already using.
            >
            > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

          • Alan
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 29, 2010
              Because it's fun to be on the bleeding edge;-)

              I am running it in a digi, and three mobiles. No hiccups here.
              Sorry for being a lil' snippy earlier, been fed now, not so grumpy anymore;-)

              Alan

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 30, 2010
                Alan N6VUD wrote...

                > I was pointing out the OTwincfg build date/version hasn't been
                > update, but the program has been updated.

                Ah! Guess that makes "right click - about" not all that useful then.

                > That didn't work for me last year when I was using scripting.
                > The "DO Once" command was not in the OTwincfg that I was using.
                >The newer otwincfg had the same build date, and version. 1.0.0.1
                > Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 1:28:29 PM. Check to see if you
                > have the DO Once command on the script popup.

                Yes, the otwincfg.exe that I'm using has "do once" in the script editor.

                73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH