Re: [tracker2] where are T2-301 frequency settings stored?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
      It's stored in the radio's serial EEPROM. You could also probably tap
      into the channel select DIP switch and change frequencies that way. I
      wouldn't worry too much about writing to it twice a minute for a few hours.

      With the MX146 transmitter, the OT1+ firmware has a configuration panel
      for frequency selection. I used that recently on my own balloon payload
      to alternate between 144.39 and 144.99.

      Scott

      Jason KG4WSV wrote:

      > Where are the frequency settings for the T2-301 stored? I know
      > they're in flash somewhere, just wondering if they are on the T2 board
      > or on the FC301.
      >
      > My reason for asking is that I had an idea of a balloon tracker that
      > beacons once a minute on 144.39, but more aggressively on an alternate
      > frequency. This would mean a freq setting change twice a minute,
      > which could run through flash write cycle lifetime pretty quick. Just
      > wondering if I would be killing the T2 microcontroller, or something
      > on the FC301.
      >
      > -Jason
      > kg4wsv

    • Michael Kaufman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
        I am using the T2 with the Nuvi 350 and am able to receive APRS
        messages sent to me directly. Is there a way to receive and display
        messages sent from the National Weather Service as I do with my D700
        and and display them. I am currently operating the T2/nuvi 350 with
        my Icom 2820. I was hopping I could display all messages sent from a
        specific station say the NWS. Any thoughts or combinations would be
        appreciated.

        Mike

        WB9SLI
      • Alan
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2010
          Not through the nuvi.

          You could use a computer through a serial splitter to access the second serial port of the OT2.

          Or adapt a display unit on to the OT2.
          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/LCD_Interfacing

          Alan