where are T2-301 frequency settings stored?

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 6:49 AM
      Where are the frequency settings for the T2-301 stored? I know
      they're in flash somewhere, just wondering if they are on the T2 board
      or on the FC301.

      My reason for asking is that I had an idea of a balloon tracker that
      beacons once a minute on 144.39, but more aggressively on an alternate
      frequency. This would mean a freq setting change twice a minute,
      which could run through flash write cycle lifetime pretty quick. Just
      wondering if I would be killing the T2 microcontroller, or something
      on the FC301.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 10:57 AM
        It's stored in the radio's serial EEPROM. You could also probably tap
        into the channel select DIP switch and change frequencies that way. I
        wouldn't worry too much about writing to it twice a minute for a few hours.

        With the MX146 transmitter, the OT1+ firmware has a configuration panel
        for frequency selection. I used that recently on my own balloon payload
        to alternate between 144.39 and 144.99.

        Scott

        Jason KG4WSV wrote:

        > Where are the frequency settings for the T2-301 stored? I know
        > they're in flash somewhere, just wondering if they are on the T2 board
        > or on the FC301.
        >
        > My reason for asking is that I had an idea of a balloon tracker that
        > beacons once a minute on 144.39, but more aggressively on an alternate
        > frequency. This would mean a freq setting change twice a minute,
        > which could run through flash write cycle lifetime pretty quick. Just
        > wondering if I would be killing the T2 microcontroller, or something
        > on the FC301.
        >
        > -Jason
        > kg4wsv

      • Michael Kaufman
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 1:45 PM
          I am using the T2 with the Nuvi 350 and am able to receive APRS
          messages sent to me directly. Is there a way to receive and display
          messages sent from the National Weather Service as I do with my D700
          and and display them. I am currently operating the T2/nuvi 350 with
          my Icom 2820. I was hopping I could display all messages sent from a
          specific station say the NWS. Any thoughts or combinations would be
          appreciated.

          Mike

          WB9SLI
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 1:56 PM
            Not through the nuvi.

            You could use a computer through a serial splitter to access the second serial port of the OT2.

            Or adapt a display unit on to the OT2.
            http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/LCD_Interfacing

            Alan