T2-135 and Alinco DR-135T WX setup issues

  • Tim Cunningham
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010
      I have been assisting a group here implementing multiple T2-135/Alinco
      DR-135T setups. The is a really neat setup in one package with great
      potential.

      They are using a Peet Brothers U2100 and a GPS attached to the T2-135 in one
      application for a mobile command post, but this does not work well.

      The GPS works by itself when attached without the U2100 and the U2100 works
      somewhat acceptably without the GPS attached. When the U2100 is attached to
      the port A and the GPS attached to port B simultaneously it does not work
      well. The weather reports contain erroneous information until the GPS is
      disconnected.

      Let me define "somewhat acceptably" in relation to the U2100 by itself. When
      the U2100 is in the data logging mode feeding the T2-135 after a period of
      hours the T2-135T starts transmitting bad data in a field or two. This has
      happened on 3 separate locations and then a 4th location just stopped
      sending data. At that point it never recovers and it starts sending the same
      data at erratic intervals that are much longer than the interval time that
      is set. Sending a remote RESET command does not solve the problem. The data
      coming out of the weather station serial port looks good and contains the
      same number of fields as expected. If we power just the radio/T2-135 off an
      then back on, everything is back to normal which points to the T2-135. After
      a couple days of running to multiple sites to reset the radios we decided to
      put the U2100 in the complete record mode. This seems to have stopped the
      requirement to run to the site and reset the T2-135/DR-135T combination. The
      T2-125 works much better when the U2100 is in the complete record mode.

      Anybody else have this experience or ideas?

      73's,
      Tim - N8DEU