ADS-SR-1 problems

  • djhuff@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010

      Please forgive the interruption, but there is no support mailing list for the ADS-SR-1 simplex repeater.

      I recently bought a simplex repeater, and now I am trying to set it up as a foxhunt controller.  It works fine as a simplex repeater, but I can't get it to work as a ARDF fox controller.  I am trying to record a couple voice messages, and have it repeat the messages at very high 1 to 10 minute rates.  I tried setting a message to send at 30 second rates, 1 minute rates, 2 minute rates, and so on, but no joy.
      I followed the steps below, but the announcement interval step never seems to work at high repetition rates.  I just get a 1/4 second kerchunk every few minutes, no audio replay of a message.

      Our club is trying to do some intro to foxhunting stuff, and with the TDOA dipoles we plan to use, it is easier for new people to DF voice instead of CW.  If I could get this to work, it would be a better foxhunt controller than most of the stuff I see out there today, at almost the same price, but so far I am disappointed.
      I updated the firmware last night to Rev J, so I am running the latest.

      TDOA Foxhunting antenna Kits
      <http://www.handi-finder.com/>
      <http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/catalogs/c101/P185.pdf>
      <http://www.rainbowkits.com/kits/sdf-1p.html>

      MY sequence to setup the controller:
      ##91, device sends .- - - (J)
      ##8223300913 (program in CW ID)
      ##801 turn CW ID on
      ##30   Record Announcement 0
      ##20  Play back announcement 0, it sounds fine
      ##8501 Set voice inhibit to 01 minutes (Sending ##8500 sends back an error response, how do I disable this?)
      ##5002 set announcement 0 with 2 minute rate
      device responds with 3 OK beeps, but announcement not heard

      Any advice?
      Thanks,
      David