Yaesu to DB9

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010
      Hi all. I Just recently purchased my OT2 that I will hook up with my FT-60/VX-150. The Yeasu cable does not come preassembled so I have to solder the DB9 on. I've looked through some of the threads and also ran a search for the pin out information. The problem is that the information doesn't give the color of the wire; just the function. I know, this should be easy but I want to make sure I get this right. The cable I have is comprised of a black, blue, white and red wires. What I have figured out so far, with the help of the continuity function on my volt meter, is that the black and blue go to the first ring (opposite from the tip); white goes to the second, and red goes to the tip. So my question is which wire is for the ground; black or blue?
      DB9 Color/function
      1 White/mic
      5 Red/speaker
      6 ?/ground
      73, Rob
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2010
        > from the tip); white goes to the second, and red goes to the tip. So my
        > question is which wire is for the ground; black or blue?

        On recent Yaesu cables, blue. The factory switched it for some reason.
        And in fact, they may both be ground.