counter for traffic.

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2010
      I was just reading the docs and a thought came to mind... the counter will increment when pin 4 is grounded, and can be reset upon TX.  This would be great for counting traffic on the road near my house.  Of course for your california types, no cars passing over the contacts for 10 minutes could either mean no cars, or traffic jam.  Here in Rural SC, it means no cars.. lol.

      I'm thinking a laser beam across the road to a refector on teh other side nailed to a tree or a rubber hose and air pressure switch.
      --
      Wes
      ---
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2010
        Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing the counter is intended for.

        Scott