Re: [tracker2] supporting KISS TNC w/GPS

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22 10:31 PM
      On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Scott Miller wrote:

      > Ok, I knew about that feature. I thought maybe there was some way it
      > was sending it in KISS. I really discourage people from using the
      > 'converse' mode.

      Well, there is a way to send it via KISS, and the Xastir guys would
      try to implement the receive code if you implemented it in the
      Tracker2 products...

      All you need do is package up the GPS data in a KISS packet and give
      it a different ID in the KISS header. The receive software needs to
      be able to separate out multiple device ID's, but that's not a big
      deal. I think it's a 4-bit field in MKISS so you can have up to 16
      devices. Maybe 15 is one is a control or configuration channel.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer>
      APRS: Where it's at! <http://www.xastir.org>