Re: [tracker2] House Radio Station

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2010
      I wish you the best on your endeavour, but 2 days before you leave is
      a little late to be asking for advice on what kind of radio to use,
      etc.

      I would think that all of that would have been decided long ago, the
      equipment would already be on the island waiting for you to arrive and
      set it up, and you would be well versed in it's capabilities and
      operation.

      I'm sure you'll get a plethora of advice, but you have given no
      indication as to what type of role this radio will play in the
      operation of your NGO.

      Then of course there's the big problem of having people who work for
      the NGO operating amateur gear on behalf of the agency that they work
      for. It's an issue in the US and Canada, not sure about Haiti, but
      with the state they are in, I doubt anyone would file a complaint.

      Take care of yourself, and thank you for the work you do. Haiti and
      the world need more people like you.