9732Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2m version 2.0a

    Jan 2, 2010
      > some of the symptoms it has when not working are:
      > green led lites up dim and the others dont flash,
      > or after a few seconds the act led will flash red red green very slowly
      > then a few seconds later the rx, tx leds will flash but the unit still
      > wont rx or respond to the console.
      > i dont think it is a power problem, i think the problem is tempature
      > related as it works much more reliably in the 70+ degree house than in
      > the less than 40 degree truck.
      > also the quality of the hand soldered parts does not appear to be very good.

      These might be related. Check the soldering on crystal Y1 if you
      haven't sent it back yet - I encountered one unit in testing that had a
      bad solder joint there, which would cause the problems you're describing.

      What specifically looks wrong with the hand soldered parts? This is the
      first batch of OT2ms I've had assembled in the US, and I'm going to be
      very upset if the quality turns out to be worse than the
      Chinese-assembled units.

      > i am planning on sending my unit back for a replacement.

      I'll be watching for it. I'm supposed to have more boards in on Monday,
      but with the way things have been going I'm not going to expect anything
      until Wednesday.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic