      Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 1:56 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] what am i doing wroung on setting up?

      On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM, <wyoming_semi_ driver@hotmail. com> wrote:

      > it says firmware 55076 if that makes any diffent. yes I have
      tried to PTT
      > using both my HT cable I got from RPC and my mobile and it
      wont key up any
      > of them.

      I would suggest taking a step back, and explaining what it is you are
      trying to do. You are talking about HT jumpers, HT cables and mobile
      rigs all in the same thread.

      If you explain what it is you would like to do, and what it is that
      you have done, we might be able to spot a problem.

      From your explanations so far, it sounds like you are trying to hook
      up a mobile radio using an HT cable, and telling the OT2 that you have
      an HT connected. That's not going to work for you. Sometimes duct tape
      won't solve every problem! 8)

      You will need a cable that is appropriate for the FT-2700... I'll go
      out on a limb and suggest that a cable for a hand held radio is
      probably not going to work for you here.

      We can toss ideas around for a long time, but if we get a better
      picture of what you want, and what you have done so far, we can
      eliminate a whole lot of useless suggestions.