9208Re: digipeat own packets when backpacking

  • kc2eus
    Nov 3, 2009
      Yeah, this is my quandary .. It's not a problem to turn the digi on and off. I can do that either via the Nuvi or canned messages in the VX8.
      I just want to make sure my packets make it out of the area I'll be in.
      I wonder for situations like this it's better to use TEMP or something like that in the PATH. I don't have an issue with others using it.. I just don't want to flood the network with extra traffic.
      I guess I'm looking for the recommended configuration :)

      Andrew

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)"
      > Buit if you leave the T2 set up as a WIDE1, you will definitely be
      > "spamming" the network as you drive it around town. It will be a WIDE1-1
      > digi full time repeating every WIDE1-1 packet that it hears. Not
      > recommended configuration.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic