9206Re: [tracker2] Re: digipeat own packets when backpacking

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Nov 3 4:46 AM
      kc2eus wrote:
      > Sorry for the double post last time. I did not think the first had gone through.
      > Ok I've got it now. If I set it to a fill-in with WIDE 1-1 I think I should be good.
      > I was worried I was going to cause an issue with "spamming" the network. This was where the concern was coming from.
      > Also if I leave it at WIDE 1-1 I don't have to mess around changing the default settings in the VX8 everytime I use this setup.

      Buit if you leave the T2 set up as a WIDE1, you will definitely be
      "spamming" the network as you drive it around town. It will be a WIDE1-1
      digi full time repeating every WIDE1-1 packet that it hears. Not
      recommended configuration.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Watching this closely as I'd like to use my T2-135
      as a local digi for my MT-300 on a bicycle!

      > Thanks for the info, i think I was trying to make it more complex than it was !
      >
      > Andrew
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Andrew K1YMI / KC2EUS / GM1YMI wrote...
      >>

      >>> This begs another question. If I enable as WIDE 2-1 or WIDE 1-1
      >>> then it'll digi everything it hears, as long as they fit the WIDE n-N
      >>> criteria.
      >>>
      >> If you enable it for WIDEn-N up to two hops, it would respond to anyone
      >> using a path of WIDE2-2 or WIDE2-1 or WIDE1-1. If it was set up as a
      >> fill-in digi only, it would only respond to WIDE1-1.
      >>

      >>> Or is there a way to only digi my packets .. is this where the
      >>> checkbox "digi on my call" comes into play ?
      >>>
      >> The "digi on my call" (the call in the T2) is one option. Another would
      >> be to pick a non-standard alias for ALIAS 1 <alias> like...
      >>
      >> ALIAS 1 MEONLY
      >>
      >> and set a path of MEONLY in the VX-8R, or MEONLY,WIDE2-1 if you
      >> hope another digi to pick you up after it goes through the T2. Of
      >> course, if someone sees you being digi'd by MEONLY, there would be
      >> nothing to stop them from using the path too.
      >>
      >> Yet another option... use a path of WIDE2-2,TEMP and enable TEMP as one
      >> of the aliases in the T2 and turn PREEMPT ON for that alias. You would
      >> get at least one hop from the T2 if it hears you. If it doesn't, there's
      >> a chance you will be digi'd by any WIDEn-N digi that hears you.
      >>
      >> 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      >> --
      >> "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic