      From: ki6tsf
      Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:21 PM
      Subject: [tracker2] How to deal with GPS drift with OT2?

      Hello,

      I got a brand new GlobalSat BR-355 SiRF GPS which I use on
      the secondary port of the OT2. Unfortunately, I discovered
      that the position is drifting severely when the car is parked
      for several hours at the same place (covered or uncovered),
      sometimes up to 300ft. This may be due to reflections.

      I tried with WAAS enabled and disabled,
      and with Static Navigation enabled and disabled and get the
      same problem. Static Navigation is supposed to fix this by
      correcting the coordinates if the calculated position moves
      slower than 1.6 m/s. It does not work: calculated moves
      are grater than that.

      I contacted the manufacturer and they said
      the best option is to have the software deal with it.

      Does anybody sees how to eliminate drift in the OT2?
      So far I was unable to find out how scripting could help.

      Thanks,

      Bernard KI6TSF

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic