9160Re: [tracker2] How to deal with GPS drift with OT2?

    Oct 31, 2009
      You could power the GPS separately, through an ignition-switched
      circuit, and use the AUTOSAVE function to save the last position.

      You could also probably set up scripting to switch the port mode or baud
      rate when the voltage drops, causing loss of GPS data and triggering
      AUTOSAVE.

      Scott

      James Ewen wrote:

      > On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM, ki6tsf <ki6tsf@...
      > <mailto:ki6tsf%40arrl.net>> wrote:
      >
      > > Does anybody sees how to eliminate drift in the OT2?
      > > So far I was unable to find out how scripting could help.
      >
      > Scripting is not going to help the position resolution on your GPS.
      >
      > You could simply ignore the GPS when your voltage drops, indicating
      > that the vehicle ignition is turned off.
      >
      > Either get the GPS a better view of the sky, or go buy a better GPS.
      >
      > James
      > VE6SRV

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic